I received the following article from a client of mine that I want to pass on to you in hopes of any more animals encountering troubles with household items.Subject: Warning for Pet Owners………………

Subject: Please read
Important…please read.
5-year old German Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago, so a necropsy was done to see what the cause was. The liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog┬áhad ingested poison of some kind. The dog is kept inside and when he”s outside, someone”s with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe. The man started going through all the items in the house. When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated “may be harmful to small children and animals.” He called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients. (actually he was told it”s a compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze). Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking it”s own paws, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver. Soon after his dog”s death, his housekeepers” two cats also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick cleanups on their floors. Necropsies weren’t done on the cats, so they couldn’t file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people as possible so they don”t lose their animals. This is equally harmful to babies and small children that play on the floor a lot and put their fingers in their mouths a lot. PLEASE, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BABIES, SMALL CHILDREN OR OWN A PET PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON!

Share This

Share This

Share this post with your friends!