‘About two weeks ago a client called from Florida. Her dog Coco Chic had just gotten home from a hospital stay due to  rat poison.  The vet told  her that if there was going to be any health issues because of this, that they usually do not show until several days later.  I wondered why would it be several days later?

The client requested a healing session to help Coco Chic physically and emotionally. The experience of being away from home and in the hospital had rattled her, and needless to say, physically she had been through trauma also.  The client mentioned that the vet had sent home with her three different meds (drugs).  I told the client, there is a time to go to the vet and there is a time to quit the vet.  What am I talking about?

As I told the client, her dog’s liver was already taxed from the poison, and as long as she was eating, no digestive issues, doing well, why would we want to tax the liver by giving her these chemicals under the title of “medicine” ?

I advised her that we wanted to  help the liver recover not make it work harder by taking drugs.  The treatment plan was:

– Energy/healing session
– Specific proteins that are easier for liver to break down into amino acids
– Specific vegetables that can aid in clearing the liver
– Long walks to also help clear the liver

I know most people would have given their dog the “medicines” sent home with them.  They would trust that this is what their animal needed.  Again, I ask, “If the chemicals  (rat poison in this case) have been “flushed out” of the system by the vet, and the animal is doing well, why re-injure the liver with another dose of chemicals ?”

Could this MAYBE be why the vet has noticed that animals often do not show symptoms until several days AFTER they get home??  They then believe it’s ramifications from the original insult, like the rat poison. But I believe what makes more sense is that the problems that start  several days later is possibly due to the  “meds” given to the animal once she”s home.

This is often the point when a new client will call….something was wrong with their animal friend, now on various drugs, things looking worse,  and it all gets very confusing as to what is what and why.  It becomes a slippery slope quite quickly when drugs are involved.  For example, I’ve definitely had clients call saying that their animal is not eating; if I learn that they’ve recently been put on some type of pain medication, I will  suggest stopping the pain meds, and in every case the client will call back and say, “He’s better! He’s eating”.

Now I’m not saying that one should never do pain meds, but often it’s more about anticipating the possibility of pain.  No one wants their animal companion in pain, but no one wants their animal to stop eating either.  People can speak up and say, “I feel worse on the meds” and can stop; animals can only speak up by not eating.

There is a time and place for vets, there is a time and place for drugs.  In my opinion, drugs are overused  and there is a better way to help your animal friend.  Just as we had a treatment plan for Coco Chic who is doing great weeks later.    Most people don’t like being on drugs nor do animals.

To see a picture of Coco Chic, see the June 18 post on Facebook

Share This

Share This

Share this post with your friends!